>[!Note] ca. 1690 map of Jerusalem by [Daniel Stoopendaal](https://www.raremaps.com/gallery/detail/60651/ierusalem-stoopendahl)
The map of content serves as a natural starting place for someone wanting to interact with networked notes. Since these notes do not run in a straight line, it's best to think of them as a web of interrelated ideas. This web works more like a landscape (a notescape perhaps) than a traditional outline. There is no central thesis for these notes, and they are more a space to be explored than an argument to be traced. Like any other landscape, those unfamiliar with the terrain likely need a map to find their way.
**This is your map.**
The map can be navigated in two different ways: diachronic and synchronic.
A *diachronic (or narrative) approach* starts at a particular location, say a burning question, and follows the breadcrumbs through the notes watching an answer unfold. I have listed several questions I am trying to answer with these notes below. You can pick up the beginning of the thread with any of those. Navigating the notes this way is like taking a stroll through the city.
A *synchronic (or thematic) approach* to the notes will start with a broad topic in mind. Think of these like neighborhoods or regions on the map. Listed below are a number of high level topics that can be considered regions of this notescape. Navigating the notes this way is like canvasing a neighborhood.
## Important Questions I'm Trying to Answer
1. What is my understanding of the [[Biblical Theology of Mission]]?
2. How can a deep understanding of immigration and missions to immigrants in the past help us do better ministry today?
3. How can we develop a [[Local Church Strategy for Diaspora Missions]]in the 21st century?
4. What is my position on [[Contextualization on the Mission Field]], and how would I teach others to do it well?
5. How might the local church [[Equip Potential North American Missionaries]] to reach cities for Christ?
6. How can we effectively evaluate missionaries and ones sents for Great Commission ministry?
7. What are the [[Critical Issues Facing North American Missionaries]] today?
## Regions of the Notescape
These are a sampling of general categories that give shape to the network of notes. You can find a particular theme or subject of interest here.
### Theology of Mission
* [[Biblical Theology of Mission]]
* [[Mission of God]]
* [[Mission of God's People]]
* [[Contextualization on the Mission Field]]
* Critical Issues in North American Missions
* Gospel Conversion as Worldview Transformation
* [[Urban Missions]]
### Church Ministry
* Local Church Strategy for Diaspora Missions
* Preparing a Church to Equip for Sending
* [[Transformational Discipleship]]
* [[Spiritual Disciplines]]
* Church Renewal
* A list of [[Christian Podcasts]]
* Taking Smart Notes
* Digital Gardens
* [[Starting a Personal Website]]
* [[Learning Domains]]
* [[Experiential Learning]]
* [[Locus of Control]]
* [[Focus on What is Good]]